Monday, April 28, 2008

Vector Analysis Portfolio

Your vector portfolio is due May 2, 2008.

As you know, a vector quantity is any quantitiy that has both magnitude (with units) and direction. In this portfolio you are to discover how vector quantities may be represented, combined graphically and broken down into component parts. From there you are to apply what you have learned to solve word problems.

Lunchtime tutoring will be available all week during lunch. I wont even break for tea!
After school help will also be available if needed but the day has to be arranged with me ahead of time.
Please ask any and all questions here. I will be checking periodically everyday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know how to make up a question for part 2 of this project,this is really hard.

adetayO ;[

Ms.ONeill said...

You will have to see me at lunch. If you really find it difficult to create a problem I will give you some to solve.

Anonymous said...

i rather make up two word problems then answer one of your super hard ones. so is this a good question for the head to tail method

question:1. Before the baseball game Andrew was practicing throwing the baseball. When he first threw the ball it went 20m/s west; the second time he threw it went 60m/s east. What is the speed and direction of the baseball?

And is it solve able?
adetayO ;)

Anonymous said...

This project is hard, its going to make me cry MS.Physics

-Ivy

Anonymous said...

OMG Ms. O'Neill... You said that 10 points will be taken off for everyday that this vector analysis portfolio, right? But what about me? You know what situation was wit me...what about me?